Enrolling at ABHS
Enrolment criteria for entering Secondary School
Applications for high school in 2024 through the Department for Education’s transition process will open from Week 1, Term 2 2023. Parents with children attending public Primary Schools will be advised of this process through their current school.
To be eligible for a Year 7 allocation in 2024 through the Transition to Secondary School process applicants are required to meet one of the following requirements:
- The child is living in the shared school zone of Adelaide Botanic High School and Adelaide High School
- The child has received and accepted an offer for enrolment in Adelaide Botanic High School’s selective entry Health and Sciences (STEM) Pathways Program
- The child identifies as Aboriginal through the Enter for Success Program
- The child is currently under the care of the Minister.
When demand from families living in the shared zone exceeds places available, consideration will be given to:
- students with siblings currently at the school
- distance from the child’s home to the school
- social and family links to the school
- curriculum options only available at the preferred school (excluding special interest programs), and transportation and location convenience
By late May, parents are expected to have submitted their registration of interest to the Department for Education via the Department’s online form or by delivering a hard copy to their child’s current Primary School.
Students who are allocated to Adelaide Botanic High School for commencement of Year 7 in 2024 will be advised around mid-August 2023.read brochure
Proof of residency
If you are applying as living in the shared zone, supporting documentation must be provided of your child’s permanent residential address prior to Adelaide Botanic High School confirming the enrolment.
Documentation must include:
- If the parent/guardian owns their home: A copy of the contract of sale for the property or a recent council rates notice, and a recent gas or electricity bill for that property.
- If the parent/guardian rents their home: A rental agreement and a bond receipt lodged with Consumer and Business Services showing the current place of residence. The rental agreement should cover at least the first 12 months the child will be attending the school, and a recent gas or electricity bill for that property.
Further information on enrolling in a SA high school and the Year 6-7 transition process is available here.MORE INFORMATION